Monday, October 01, 2007

Perfect weather for a run

The weather was perfect in Toronto yesterday for me and the other 30,000 or so runners who participated in the Run for the Cure which raised about $5 million here. The event raised $26.5 million and saw 170,000 participants run in locations across the country.

10 o'clock in the morning and this is where I was at near the start on the corner of Queen and University:

The masses behind me...

...and in front.

I made the mistake of not bringing my headphones with me, so I ran without music...which was bad because I got bored. The first kilometre was alright, but the second and third were awful since I stopped and walked several times. I was determined to run the last 2 kilometres though, and it turned out to be a lot easier than I thought it would be, perhaps because I knew the end was near. All in all, it took me 37:09 to run the route...which is about my usual pace. I'm going to do better next time.

Post-run mingling in Nathan Phillips Square

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...