Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I'm paying for it now...

My skin has gone berserk.

I have the occasional hormonal blemish, but this situation is clearly not hormonal so I'm trying to figure out why. Could it be all the wine that I drank this past weekend? There was R's birthday get-together Friday night...and then the bottle of Wildass on Saturday.

Or is it that I haven't been taking the vitamins and supplements in the last, oh, month or so that my mom tells me I should because they help keep my skin clear and bright? I never really believed her but took them anyway because she's my mother and it's the path of least resistance and now I'm finding out the hard way that they really did work to clarify my skin and keep my body's engines running smooth?!

It could also be stress from work - I've put the job search on hold at least until my bonus is paid out next February. I figure I've already stayed this long, what's a few more months; the bonus has always been rich relatively speaking and I've no reason to believe that this year will prove otherwise; and finally, I'll need the money since I'll be moving next year. Anyway, I'm actually very busy at work with a couple of big, fairly high-profile projects on the go at once which I've sort of taken the lead on and it's causing me a fair level of stress because I feel a touch overwhelmed. I've even taken to bringing work home to do, which I've done only a handful of times in the 3 years that I've worked at TLG. I suppose this is payback for having spent much of the last year sitting on my ass at work surfing the net because there was so little to keep me busy. sigh.

1 comment:

The Lone Beader® said...

Stress can have many effects on the body...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...