Thursday, March 15, 2007

Just when I thought I was safe

I was chatting with my girl S on the phone last night about how trying the rings on last Friday was enough to sate my recent urge for retail therapy. But it seems I was wrong. So very wrong.

I met her tonight after work to browse the bead stores on Queen West for chandelier earring findings for my client. I'm meeting her next Sunday to show her designs so I wanted to see what was available locally. I didn't find anything for her, but I found something for me...actually, a number of somethings, in the latest addition to the bead strip.

I was just going to get a couple of bracelet displays, but then I came across the wall of smokey quartz. I envisioned these beauties knotted with small pink pearls or rose quartz into a choker and figured that would be it. But it was downhill from there.

I somehow found myself in front of the glass display case at the cash - and you know that can ONLY MEAN TROUBLE! I was shown the sea blue chalcedony in two different cuts - and of course, I had to like the one that was more expensive. So I added that to my stash. Next, and what I thought would be last, was the lemon quartz. Isn't it pretty??


I was all set to check out and then I noticed the tourmalines. You can't really tell in this picture, but some of the stones are blue-green, which isn't very common. The funny thing is that their shape reminds me of kryptonite. So I ended up buying them too. It's a damn good thing that my bonus is being paid out tomorrow!

We met up with WC & WL for dinner afterwards at Epicure and had our usual fun laughing and talking over food and wine. I couldn't linger downtown since it's a school night, so I subwayed back up to pick up my car and drive home. Assuming my condo isn't delayed overlong, I shan't have to make the trek back uptown this time next year.

The nice thing was that the boy called me tonight before he went to bed. We last spoke on Monday and have been in email contact since then. I'm making dinner for him Saturday night - I'm thinking my lobster risotto and pan-seared scallops on a bed of greens or something...I got the idea from the cover of the latest issue of the LCBO's Food and Drink. He says he's going to make key lime pie for dessert - from scratch, no less!

We're also going to spend the night watching the first of apparently many movie marathons. Among them, the Star Wars Trilogy (I've yet to see the original and am rather proud of it), The Matrix, Austin Powers and The Lord of the Rings, which I've already seen, but he's talking the extended versions. I guess this means he sees us together at least in the short- to medium-term, which is a good thing. :)

This Saturday is Jane Austen's night: Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility and Emma. This is not my doing but his - his favourite book is Emma - I'm still not quite sure what to make of this...mais chacun son gout.

Anyway, I told him about how bad I was tonight with my little spending spree and he tried to assuage my guilt by telling me that I deserved it, that it was for something I enjoyed doing, etc. Sweet, huh?

1 comment:

The Lone Beader® said...

I am so jealous! I love those green beads on the left. I could find a use for those! Lata...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...