Friday, February 18, 2011

TGIF!

Finally!  The first long weekend of the year is here!  It's Family Day in Ontario (as well as in Alberta and Saskatchewan) on Monday so we have the day off.  To be honest, much as I was looking forward to it, it kind of crept up on me so I haven't got a whole lot planned.

I kicked it off with an impromptu visit to the Art Gallery of Ontario to check out the Maharaja exhibit after leaving work a bit early and was inspired to head out afterwards for dinner at Little India, my favourite Indian resto on Queen West.  Seriously - they have a great lunch buffet for $11.95 (IIRC) and there's a queue every time I've been there so call ahead and reserve!!

It's shaping up to be a bit of an eating weekend.  I thought I'd break out my waffle iron for brunch tomorrow after catching a fragrant whiff of them on my way home last night but after a quick stop at Loblaws tonight to stock up on my hair colour which is on sale and coming home with a jar of Devonshire cream too(!!!) so I've been daydreaming about scones ever since. 

I've come across a few recipes and thought I'd maybe bake some tonight but I generally don't stock butter and most recipes call for butter.  Gah!!  So...maybe I can stamp down this craving with some chocolate waffles...with buttery-maple syrup and Devonshire cream...?  Hmmm...maybe....




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...