Monday, February 21, 2011

Morning Yoga

My body, particularly my neck, shoulders and back, have been feeling super-tense. Tension in these parts isn't particularly surprising since, like most people, I sit at a desk in front of a computer for 8 hrs a day and then come home and do it again at my leisure in the evenings. For me, the tension in these areas is exacerbated by training which leads to a constant soreness that, on the one hand is great because I know I'm building lean muscle but on the other, I sometimes wake up feeling like I'm living in an 80 year old body.

Enter yoga.  I've been practicing yoga for a few years now, albeit not on a very consistent basis.  It's great because it increases my flexibility and relaxes my muscles - there's really nothing better than a gorgeous plow posture to stretch out my neck and back.  So, back to the current stress in my body.  I've been feeling rather crap so turned to the internet for a routine and found this 1 hr hatha yoga series for the neck and shoulders on Yoga Yak.  I practiced it this morning and feel so. much. better. 

Check it out if your body needs some care and maintenance this long weekend Monday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...