Sunday, June 28, 2009

Modern Lanterns

So I've been thinking of lighting off and on for a long while now, particularly in my living area where it's always been rather dim given the one table lamp I previously had in the far corner.

There's no junction box in my living area for a ceiling pendant so the only alternatives have been lamps unless I wanted to get an electrician in. I felt a little hamstrung by the height of my sofa arms - they're irregular at about 28" and I haven't seen any side tables that height, or table lamps I've liked enough.

I diverted myself with thoughts of a pendant over my dining table but while browsing yesterday came across the modern floor lantern at West Elm. I love the clean, contemporary look of them, but I especially love the space-saving base which allows me to flank the lanterns up nice and close to the sofa.

I think my living area's pretty much done now...save for the photos to fill the empty frames still sitting on the photo ledge and maybe a big house plant...

2 comments:

Wanderluster said...

Ooh, those are very nice. The scale of them works well with your sofa.

Julianna said...

Its looking fine, you can find more modern sofa from spacify.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...