Friday, May 01, 2009

Prisoner in my own home

So you know how I'd written earlier about the change in the security system in my building which would require a new key fob? Well, after submitting all my paperwork and being told that everything would be ready come the change, I was locked out yesterday and had to follow someone in. I spoke to my super who said he'd fix it right away but I wasn't convinced (he's not very competent) and checked on the way out this morning. And guess what? It didn't work. So I called again and he said he'd fix it again...but when I got home today it STILL DIDN'T WORK. So again, I had to follow someone in, who, technically, shouldn't have let me into the building. My super's conveniently off-duty this weekend so I called the after-hours answer service who told me that someone would get in touch with me. That was almost an hour ago.

I left a voicemail for my building manager (another winner), posted a message on my building's facebook page to see if anyone else had problems (though it seems not) and emailed my Board. And now I wait. I had plans to go out for a final run before the 10K on Sunday but now I can't leave. So I'm pissed. To say the least.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...