Thursday, January 15, 2009

Really?

I've been consumed with my current project at work, so much so that it feels like I've been back at the office for 2 months instead of 2 weeks. The last few days have been all about last minute conference calls and impromptu meetings and I'm so glad that it's Friday tomorrow because it's exhausting to be go-go-go all the time.

On a more personal note, my condo closed on Wednesday and I have joined the mortgaged. The last week and a half was made more stressful by the surprise levy the developer decided to tack onto my closing costs, in addition to the payment in advance of 2009 property taxes which, apparently, is not unusual. I was just shocked by the amount. My words to my lawyer: "They're robbing me. I feel like I'm being robbed." Anyway, long story short, I'll likely get some of that tax payment in advance back once my building is assessed (likely in 2010) and I disputed the levy which they agreed to remove 1.5 hours before I was due at the law offices. It was rather anti-climatic, actually. No bells and whistles or balloons or anything. Just a bunch of documents that needed my signature and then I was done.

It doesn't feel so different...except when I log into my banking online and see the 6 figure sum in my mortgage account. Talk about a shock. Such is life.

1 comment:

The Lone Beader® said...

Yikes! I hope it all works out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...