Sunday, November 16, 2008

Still here...

So my cousin M and his girlfriend I left Tuesday morning and I've been catching up on my sleep ever since. It was a short visit but it was long too because I've never myself played host to anyone before and I must say, it's rather exhausting!

We spent Friday afternoon at Pacific Mall before meeting the rest of my family for dinner. We spent Saturday wandering along Queen West to Trinity Bellwoods and broke for brunch at Czehoski before heading to the Distillery District to browse. We finished it with a big family dinner back at my mother's with my aunt, uncle and cousins in attendance. We went to Niagara Falls on Sunday so I can tell people back in Amsterdam that she's seen the Falls should they ask, and of course, winetasting in Niagara-on-the-Lake! We finished the night with dinner at Jamie Kennedy Wine Bar - I figured it was a good choice and the food served there is pretty representative of Canadian cuisine - whatever that is! Also, the tapas-style dishes meant we could try lots of different things.

M has a maternal great-aunt here so I dropped him and I off Monday to have lunch with her and did some work while I waited for them to call me back for a pick-up. I had never been to a Pottery Barn before so we spent the rest of the afternoon at Yorkdale. I think I may get this endtable from PB and this rug from Crate and Barrel for my living area. We had dinner their last night here at Foxley since they were asking for Asian Fusion. Yummy blue crab and avocado salad...and black sesame creme brulee!!! Mmmmmm!

And every night, we'd chat until 2 or 3 am so I never well-and-truly-recovered from my hangover Friday morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That rug matches your lovely glass lamps and what pretty end-tables.

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

Seems like we hang out at the same places - Pacific Mall, Czehoski, Jamie Kennedy... I've never been to Foxley though. I'll have to try it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...