Monday, November 17, 2008

Opening night at the AGO


I caught up with wL over sushi Friday night and stood in line in the rain to get into the newly-renovated AGO designed my Frank Gehry. I walk by the AGO everyday on my way to work and have always found the spiral stairs that jut out of the southern facade rather odd, but after having climbed the stairs down, I've a new appreciation for them because the view's fantastic!

Here's the view from the inside of the northern facade - it reminds me of a ship's skeleton. In the first picture below, you can see some of the names of the Italian families who donated $10 million for the new sculpture gallery.


The collection isn't entirely new to me so we wandered through rather quickly. I have plans to go back soon in the day to take in the views of the city - preferably in sunlight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry unrelated. I just read your post on using your Air Miles to buy your gorgeous white occasional chairs -- I might just do the same. I never thought of using my points for something like that.

phoenix said...

Oh, it only occurred to me use my points after I started coming up with schemes for my place and realized how costs can add up. Right now, I've got my eye on a vacuum. I know. Real sexy! haha! I do want another occasional chair though...I think the one I have currently looks rather lonely...but I don't have enough miles!!! Maybe next year...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...