Saturday, December 02, 2006

From the Stacks challenge update

I finished Brick Lane Wednesday night and had good intentions to start the challenge...but I looked at the books on my list and didn't feel any of them. I perused all my titles and finally settled on The Princess Bride (one of my all-time favs!) which my friend WC gave to me (I think) for my birthday, back in the day when we still gave each other gifts. In lieu of gifts, my friends and I now go out for a great dinner instead....this is something we've been doing for at least the last 6 years, so this title definitely qualifies as from the stacks.

Can I just say how pleasantly surprised I am from the the hour or so I spent with it last night before going to bed? It's William Goldman's 25th Anniversary edition of The Princess Bride and there's a great introduction by him explaining his fascination, love and passion for the story. He not only wrote the book but the screenplay as well, and he shares the tale of how the book finally became the film after it seemed like all hope was lost.

Can you tell I'm procrastinating instead of studying? Oh look. It's almost 1am. Time for bed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...