Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Crazy Savings!

I've written before about how I love to take advantage of group-buying daily deals and how Dealradar helps me do that.  I've been on a bit of a spending spree in the last month or so and it occurred to me that I should probably do a better job of keeping track of them beyond printing them out and tacking them onto my bulletin board.

So, I turned to one of my favourite organizational tools - the trusty Excel spreadsheet.  Since Christmas, I've bought 14 of these deals - the bulk of which are massage/spa-type services because if you hadn't noticed, I like to pamper myself - and I've saved over $1600(!!!).  How crazy is that?

I can't help but wonder what the mark-up is on these services because offering a discount of 50% seems excessive, never mind 80+% on some of the deals.  I shan't question.  If they offer it, I will buy it.

*******

Oh, and the spending fast is officially over.  I got off work a few hours early because there was no running water in the building and went to Rudsak with the intention of checking out their leather jackets but ending up leaving with the gorgeous plum-coloured purse with a removable chain strap to the left.  The colour doesn't show at all in the pic below but believe when I say it's lovely juicy plum hue.  Plus it was 35% off.  Not a crazy discount but it was the last one, I loved the colour and I need options beyond what AL called the "gym bags*" I carry on a daily basis. 

I've still got my eye on this clutch by MO851 and will be checking it out next Monday when I'm in the 'hood for my girls' day off.

* Just to be clear, that would be a reference to the size of the bag as opposed to the style.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...