Saturday, March 05, 2011

Jacket Lust

Ever since Lainey tweeted this pic of her and Tanya Kim prepping for the Oscars, I've been thinking about their slim-cut leather jackets and getting one of my own.

I turned to what's become my go-to designer for outerwear - Montreal-based MACKAGE - and found these 2 styles, which I tried on my way home after work tonight at Next Door before meeting a neighbour for dinner at Fresh.  Both are made of super-soft leathers and have the slim-cut I was looking for.
Rory, $650
Ming, $670
I love Rory's shawl collar, but only when it's zipped up, otherwise it looks sloppy.  With Ming, I love that it looks like a sleek, super-feminine bomber jacket that's hits you perfectly at the hip.  The other detail I love is the layered look of the long knit sleeves underneath.  The padded shoulders in the images look rather extreme but when on, you don't notice it at all.  I kind of wish Ming was available in grey.  And dammit, why does it have to be so dear?!?  I can't bring myself to spend that much on a leather jacket that I just. don't. need. But I WANT IT! So. Maybe it'll go on sale....?
Alternatively, perhaps I'll find something else at Rudsak or MO851Danier's supposed to have some great styles now too but I can't help but be a bit of a snob about the brand.  What a way to break a spending fast, huh?  We shall see...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...