Thursday, February 19, 2009

Grrr.

I went out for a Winterlicious dinner last night before the Raptors game at a (supposedly) finer restaurant that shall remain unnamed and was quite annoyed by the condescension and chauvinism of our server.

I happened to be dining with a guy friend and while I was clearly in the driver's seat in choosing the wine he offered it to my friend to taste. And later, our server tried to clear the table, ignoring the fact that I wasn't finished my meal, apparently because my friend was. Perhaps I'm being overly sensitive, or my expectations are too high, but I'd expect that at a restaurant where they charge a fair price for dinner they train their servers to observe silent signals...my flatware was placed at 4 and 8 o'clock on my plate, meaning I'm still working on it so leave me be until they're both placed at 4. If he hadn't irked me with the wine tasting earlier, I probably wouldn't have been so annoyed...but his immediate deferrence to the guy just soured the experience for me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...