Thursday, February 12, 2009

Feeling the Heat

I've been head bopping along to The Heat, the RnB station on XMRadio at work with my headphones - the only place outside of the gym that I listen to radio through headphones and it's amazing how much more clearer the lyrics are when the outside distractions are cancelled out.

I don't really listen to the radio anymore since I drive my car so rarely now and reception is fairly poor through the concrete floors and walls of my condo so I wasn't fairly with many of the songs...but I did notice that the new (to me anyway) Ciara song featuring Younge Jeezy called Never Ever's chorus totally rips off Simply Red's If You Don't Know Me By Now, almost right down to the lyric: in Ciara's song, it's "If that boy don't love you by now..." and in Simply Red's it's "If you don't know me by now." The beat's slightly off but the melody is essentially the same. I wonder if it's acknowledged?

Take a listen yourself to compare:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...