Sunday, May 04, 2008

My first 10K!

I woke up bright and early this morning around 6:20 after a light sleep on S' couch. We had a quick breakfast of toasted raisin and muesli bread (probably very healthy for us, but low on the taste scale) and caught a cab to make it to the start of our 10K run.

It was COLD. Really COLD. But it was fine once we started our run. I had originally set a goal time of 90 minutes since I hadn't run in awhile and didn't know what to expect of a 10K, but I'm proud to say that I finished in about 65 minutes and ran the entire course straight - no walking! - which was my ultimate goal.

I was worried that I'd be hampered by stitches but I was able to run through them and kept a fairly steady pace. Our race kit included pamphlets for other runs...and having successfully completed this 10K, I'm beginning to think that perhaps a half marathon may not be so impossible a goal...There's a 10 mile run at the Distillery District in July that would be the next logical progression training and goal-setting-wise. If I manage to complete that run in a satisfactory manner, the Waterfront Half could be next...am I crazy??

Let's see...one step at a time...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...