Monday, April 02, 2007

New month, new commitment

I have decided that I need to get back into a more regular routine at the gym. I was fairly consistent last fall when I started the Learn to Run program but have since lapsed for a number of reasons - chief among them is a weak will, sheer laziness and starting up my jewelry business.

The problem with my current routine is that I go for my run after dinner, and if dinner is delayed, my run is delayed and if it gets to be too late, I don't want to leave the house, ergo I don't go to the gym. I refuse to run right after work because there is ALWAYS a line-up for the treadmills and I'm usually so hungry by then that any attempt at a work-out is futile.

So to switch it up, I'm going to start riding the stationary bike again. I don't normally have to wait for a bike so I can go right after work and be home in time to shower and sit down for dinner at 6:30pm. And if I do end up going after dinner, I don't have to wait as long afterwards to go. The bonus is that I can get some reading done. I haven't been keeping up with my reading lately and am beginning to feel rather dumb because of it.

I'm also going to try to take more classes. I haven't gotten as much use out of my yoga mat or cute lululemon tote as I would have liked since buying them last fall as a birthday gift to myself and I'm determined to change that too.

Tonight I cycled 10 miles in 35 minutes and read almost a chapter of Freakonomics. My mom is coming back from Hong Kong tomorrow evening so I think we'll be going out for a late dinner. This being the case, I'll have to go for my ride right after work. I better make sure I have sufficient snacks in the afternoon, otherwise there will be trouble....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...