Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Step it up, baby!

I spent the evening having dinner with a girlfriend and her SO at their new place. We saw Step Up afterwards and oddly enough, her boyfriend wasn't at all interested in joining us. I dunno why...?

Compared to the teen-romance-dance movies that have come before it, I've got to say it's sadly lacking. It's no Center Stage, which I loved...nor Save the Last Dance which followed a year later. The dance scenes were pretty good, but the plot. Oy. The plot was brutal. What's up with killing Skinny? There's no dying in cheesy teen flicks. That's just not done.

I'm a suck, so I can always be counted on to cry during a cheesy movie. I'm not the only one though because my girlfriend cried too, only she was laughing at the same time because the cheese was so bad. That's not a good thing, is it?

In this publicity shot, Channing Tatum totally reminds me of Wentworth Miller, only not nearly as cute. And if you close your eyes and just listen to his voice, you hear Brad Pitt. Anyway. He was nyeh. I wasn't all that impressed with him and Jenna Dewan was OK. The acting was actually quite bad...I liked Drew Sidora who played the best friend though--she has the long sweepy-banged hairstyle I love and aspire to--only, not as curly because I have straight Asian hair and curling it like that is just too high maintenance for me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...