Saturday, August 19, 2006

Hungover, itchy and grumpy

I got home early this morning from the sangria party and was woken up at 10 by the contractors' arrival. I could probably have done with couple more hours of sleep but had to haul my butt out of bed to answer the door since it was fast becoming apparent by their insistent doorbell ringing that my brother wasn't budging.

My misery is aggravated by the 8(!) mosquito bites I got while we were sitting outside on my friend's deck: 3 on my left foot, 1 on my right ankle, 2 on the middle knuckle of my left hand, 1 on my right wrist and the last on the inside of my right elbow.

I spent the afternoon driving around visiting hardwood flooring suppliers with my mother and looking at light fixtures and window coverings. The man who will be installing the hardwood for us just left after coming by to take measurements. He won't be able to start work until the 2nd, so my hopes that this reno will be done by my birthday are pretty much shot.

At least I have a massage to look forward to tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...