Sunday, January 16, 2011

GG Hits & Misses

Did you watch the Golden Globes?  What did you think of Ricky Gervais?  I thought he was fantastic! He was so bracingly sharp, which made for a very interesting show since I really only ever watch awards shows for the fashions.  On that note, as ever is the case, there were hits and misses on the catwalk that is the red carpet so here's my quick rundown before I hit the sack.

First up, the misses: Angelina Jolie in an awesome colour but ugly, ugly (yes it needs to be repeated) dress and lank, blah hair; Emma Stone who's so pretty but looks at one with her dress; Sandra Bullock who also looks like the same colour as her dress with the unflattering thick fringe; and Christina Aguleira - what happened to her?  She used to be so cute!
My hits include 2 ladies in black - Olivia Wilde in this gorgeous, sparkly, princess-y Marchesa ballgown (I hate her boring hair though) and Eva Longoria in this restrained and streamlined Zac Posen that reads like a super-fem tuxedo-dress to me.


And 2 ladies in blue: Jenna Ushkowitz in I-don't-know-who but she's perfect and I love her hair and make-up; and Amy Adams in a Marchesa gown with laser-cut details.
This Versace on January Jones - I wasn't keen on it when I first saw it.  But, it grew on me and I've come to admire it's amazing fringe construction.

And my all-time favourite of the night was Kyra Sedgwick in this juicy orange Emilio Pucci - the way she's accessorized it with the turquoise drop earrings and the multiple gold bangles is perfection. And if you watched the candid bits of the telecast, you would have seen how sweet she and Kevin Bacon were. I love them as a couple! 
That's all.  G'night folks!
Photos via People and Us Weekly.

2 comments:

K&B by the Sea said...

I'm with you on all the misses, especially Angelina Jolie. The style of that dress is just so... wrong.

Love the blue dresses (Many Moore also wore a beautiful blue dress), and all the sparkles on Olivia Wilde's dress.

The Lone Beader® said...

The black sparkly gown is my fav! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...