Sunday, July 04, 2010

R & R

It was a 4-day weekend for me and I did not ONCE check my work email.  The thought had crossed my mind a few times, like every time my cursor hovers over the link to webmail which is in my bookmarks toolbar.  But I resisted. So proud of myself. :)

The last couple days have been pretty stress-free - I had the tasting menu for lunch at La Cachette, the restaurant at Strewn Winery, and even managed to squeeze in a few tastings at Stonechurch and Palatine Hills.

Clockwise from top left: Baby Spinach with Bacon, Benedictin Bleu & Croutons; Saute of Shrimp with Pernod Cream & Pink Peppercorns; Brome Lake Duck Confit with Molasses & Chili Pepper Gastrique and Orange Lavender Creme Brulee

I didn't think there would be time for tastings since I was due back in Toronto for a Chinese family association dinner with my mother but the sign here says it all:
All told, I came home this weekend with 14 bottles - 9 of which I picked up at the vineyards and the others at the LCBO.  The cross-border shopping coupled with my booze binge made for a a very, very expensive weekend.
My last work-free day started with a bit of a hangover after last night's condo crawl.  I managed to make it back into my place after 4am, guzzled some Gatordade, showered and fell into bed, waking up too early this morning around 10.  I suppose the upside to waking up at that hour is that Mickey D's was still serving breakfast so my post-drink-up cure of a sausage'n'egg mcmuffin was readily available. And was it ever good in all its greasy glory! 

I wish this break could be a couple days longer but such is life.  I'm well-rested and chilled out and (mostly) ready to take on Monday now.  Bring it on!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...