Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Wild and Live Friday

After spending last weekend holed up at home watching the complete first and last season of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - I'm still sad it was cancelled - I decided I should get out this weekend and, you know, be social.

So last night, N and I watched the last showing of Where The Wild Things Are. I don't remember reading the book as a child so I had no expectations about the story, but this was one of the sweetest and most charming films I've watched in recent memory.


Afterwards, we headed over to The Horseshoe Tavern to catch KC Roberts & the Live Revolution perform. I've never been to The Horseshoe because frankly, my tastes run more to wine bars than dive bars, but I made the exception last night because I really enjoyed their performance when I first saw them at the Beaches Jazz Festival in July. They were just as good last night and they got me all nostalgic with their unexpected, yet funky rendition of the Thundercats theme song. Incidentally, there's a movie in development according to imdb.



I picked up their latest disc, Parkdale Funk I, at the show and am actually a bit disappointed that their ode to Toronto, City by the Lake, isn't on it. Ah well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...