Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Perfect Saturday Afternoon

After getting to bed last night after 3am I was pleasantly surprised to be woken up by wL this morning around 10:40 - the first time in a while that I've been able to sleep in past 9. We made plans to meet for brunch and caught up over the last couple months before parting ways around 2.

And rather than giving in to my lazy-ass cocooning instincts of late, I headed back out for a little shopping. My first stop - Lululemon to check out their jackets and hoodies. I wasn't particularly keen on the brand before since it was sort of up there with Nike for me as athletic gear, and I never saw myself as athletic. For the longest time, the only thing I owned was a hoodie and a yoga mat bag - but I've since come around. I had my eye on the Gratitude Wrap (below), which they didn't have at the Queen West store, so off I headed to the Eaton Centre where, yay!, they did. It's super-comfy and cozy, so, I bought it.
Next stop - Sephora, where I had to pick up a new bottle of Aloe Toning Complex and ended up leaving with a jar of Korres Lip Butter in Plum and a lip brush. Ooh, and because I had 300 Beauty Insider points, I also got a free 30ml tube of Fresh Brown Sugar Body Cream.

Last stop for the afternoon was the AMC for the 4 o'clock showing of Coco Avant Chanel, a film I've been meaning to watch since it opened but have been too lazy-assed to get out to see because of the aforementioned tendency towards cocooning. It was another good film - certainly different from yesterday's selection - but inspiring nonetheless as it's led me to flip through the catalog from the Met's 2005 Chanel exhibit for another look of her simply elegant styles.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...