Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hmmm.....

So, I'm meeting a guy for drinks tomorrow night and I'm trying to figure something out. I don't know if this is something he does all the time - it's too early to tell - but in our last couple email correspondences, he's replied back to my email queries in fairly succinct direct responses. And I don't know if this is annoying or not.

Here's a pseudo-excerpt of our last emails:

Me: I know we decided on meeting at X less than an hour ago but do you have any objections to a change in venue?
He: Nope.
Me: ....I was thinking of going to Y....have you ever been?
He: I have been a few times but never for drinks. Let's go there instead.
Me: ...Do you have a cell number I can reach you at in case something comes up and I'm running late, etc...
He: ###.###.####

I don't know...these to-the-point responses seem to lack charm and imagination. I should be more open and optimistic though, right? At least he's flexible and accommodating...

3 comments:

SweDaisy said...

Lot's of guys are just not into texting. Don't read (no pun intended) too much into it. Just relax and enjoy your drinks :)

take care,
Lisa

Wanderluster said...

One of Lavalife dates insulted me in his first email... I ended up marrying him ;) Have a good time!

The Lone Beader said...

That's how guys are with email and text or chat. Very to the point, because they don't want to bother with email, text, or chatting to begin with. I know plenty of guys who don't even know how to check their emails, let alone send one, so consider yourself lucky. Have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...