Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hmmm.....

So, I'm meeting a guy for drinks tomorrow night and I'm trying to figure something out. I don't know if this is something he does all the time - it's too early to tell - but in our last couple email correspondences, he's replied back to my email queries in fairly succinct direct responses. And I don't know if this is annoying or not.

Here's a pseudo-excerpt of our last emails:

Me: I know we decided on meeting at X less than an hour ago but do you have any objections to a change in venue?
He: Nope.
Me: ....I was thinking of going to Y....have you ever been?
He: I have been a few times but never for drinks. Let's go there instead.
Me: ...Do you have a cell number I can reach you at in case something comes up and I'm running late, etc...
He: ###.###.####

I don't know...these to-the-point responses seem to lack charm and imagination. I should be more open and optimistic though, right? At least he's flexible and accommodating...

3 comments:

SweDaisy said...

Lot's of guys are just not into texting. Don't read (no pun intended) too much into it. Just relax and enjoy your drinks :)

take care,
Lisa

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

One of Lavalife dates insulted me in his first email... I ended up marrying him ;) Have a good time!

The Lone Beader® said...

That's how guys are with email and text or chat. Very to the point, because they don't want to bother with email, text, or chatting to begin with. I know plenty of guys who don't even know how to check their emails, let alone send one, so consider yourself lucky. Have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...