Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hello 33


Today's my birthday.

I turned 33, and frankly, it doesn't really feel all that different from 32. The day was notable for the many lovely well wishes I received today: postings on my Facebook wall, MSN messages, emails, text messages, phone and video calls, and a very well attended lunch with my team at work.

I celebrated tonight by heading to the gym to work-out with my trainer, KB, who I have a serious school-girl crush on. (I've been meaning to blog about my decision to work with a personal trainer but haven't had the time to organize my thoughts properly thanks to the project that's kept me busy the last 9 mos.) Anyway, I feel like a silly minor-niner for admitting this but he made my day by giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek when I told him I was spending my birthday working out with him. And when we ended our session, he opened up his arms to give me another hug to wish me a good trip as I'm leaving for Brazil on business Sunday and will miss training next week. *sigh* No joke, just thinking about it makes me feel like a dope.

So, to recap the last year:

* I'm still single and (admittedly) half-heartedly looking;
* My niece, Piglet, continues to bring so much joy - I have this one photo of her smiling the sweetest smile you ever did see as my wallpaper and it never fails to make me smile too;
* I had a fantastic 2.5 weeks in Europe this Spring and spent some really good QT with my extended family;
* I've settled into my new home and have met some really great neighbours; and
* My work life is progressing well - I'm on another major strategic project that has raised my profile considerably and has challenged me to grow.

Life is good.

3 comments:

Wanderluster said...

Happy 33! I've been there, done that, and let me tell you, it just keeps getting better :)

"minor niner"...that made me laugh. I remember those school girl crushes. Well hey, if a cute personal trainer can help you reach your fitness goals, where's the harm in that?

Hope the next year brings more dreams fulfilled!

The Lone Beader said...

Happy birthday! You're still 2 years younger than me!

SweDaisy said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Good on you for counting your blessings.

Hope you had a wonderful day.

Take Care, Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...