Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hello 33


Today's my birthday.

I turned 33, and frankly, it doesn't really feel all that different from 32. The day was notable for the many lovely well wishes I received today: postings on my Facebook wall, MSN messages, emails, text messages, phone and video calls, and a very well attended lunch with my team at work.

I celebrated tonight by heading to the gym to work-out with my trainer, KB, who I have a serious school-girl crush on. (I've been meaning to blog about my decision to work with a personal trainer but haven't had the time to organize my thoughts properly thanks to the project that's kept me busy the last 9 mos.) Anyway, I feel like a silly minor-niner for admitting this but he made my day by giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek when I told him I was spending my birthday working out with him. And when we ended our session, he opened up his arms to give me another hug to wish me a good trip as I'm leaving for Brazil on business Sunday and will miss training next week. *sigh* No joke, just thinking about it makes me feel like a dope.

So, to recap the last year:

* I'm still single and (admittedly) half-heartedly looking;
* My niece, Piglet, continues to bring so much joy - I have this one photo of her smiling the sweetest smile you ever did see as my wallpaper and it never fails to make me smile too;
* I had a fantastic 2.5 weeks in Europe this Spring and spent some really good QT with my extended family;
* I've settled into my new home and have met some really great neighbours; and
* My work life is progressing well - I'm on another major strategic project that has raised my profile considerably and has challenged me to grow.

Life is good.

3 comments:

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

Happy 33! I've been there, done that, and let me tell you, it just keeps getting better :)

"minor niner"...that made me laugh. I remember those school girl crushes. Well hey, if a cute personal trainer can help you reach your fitness goals, where's the harm in that?

Hope the next year brings more dreams fulfilled!

The Lone Beader® said...

Happy birthday! You're still 2 years younger than me!

SweDaisy said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Good on you for counting your blessings.

Hope you had a wonderful day.

Take Care, Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...