Sunday, August 09, 2009

Avian Tendencies

Have I ever told you about my fixation with birds? I haven't always been into them...it's just something that's developed in the last couple years and my interest has manifested in home accessories that are peppered throughout my home.

Here's the soap dish I picked up recently in London where I drop my keys once I'm home:

As we move into the living area, you'll find this collection on my DVD player - the copper-coloured mercury glass specimen was picked up earlier this year on sale at West Elm, the silver bud vase is from Urban Barn and the white bud vase is from Graham and Green:


This perched bird side table is from Pier 1 Imports and the pair of tealight candle holders were purchased on my trip to Vancouver last year:

In my bedroom you'll find this enameled and bejeweled bird box from Monsoon:

And another soap dish, this one from Urban Outfitters, where I keep my watch:


On my desk is this cutie which I found at Chatelet on Queen West:


And my most recent purchase is this pair of Salt'n'Pepper shakers from Target in Philly:

Oh! I almost forgot my copy of Charley Harper's Birds and Words, a book of stunning illustrations and commentary:



Not dangerously obsessive, right?

1 comment:

Lj82 said...

I too have a slight bird obsession- I think I have 9 bird sculptures, 2 tea light birds nests, a decorative birdhouse, and serving plates and mugs with a bird theme.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...