Saturday, August 04, 2007

I blame public transit

So I blame the TTC. It’s all their fault.

It’s the Civic Holiday long weekend, as well as Caribana weekend. As such, my subway ride downtown, one which is normally fairly quiet and allows for focused reading, was rather loud and distracting, filled with excited superfluous, annoying chatter.

Anyway, I was heading downtown to shop some beads along Queen West before meeting W for dinner, so I got off at Osgoode station with the plan to take the streetcar across but when the street car came after about 10 minutes of waiting, it was so packed that I couldn’t get on. So I decided to walk after all.

And that’s when I got into trouble because it started with a bag that caught my eye so I walked into the store for a look-see and walked out with a great transitional bag – transitional in the sense that the naturalistic pattern works for late summer but the colour and hardware can carry the bag well into fall.


Further west along Queen, summer sales abounded and it was in one such sale where I found a cute little skirt – another transitional item that was 50% which I could wear in the summer, but paired with, say, a brown cashmere sweater, it would be perfectly fine for the fall. So I bought it.


It's hard to tell in that terrible lighting, but those flowers are a lovely eggplant - and I've always liked the idea of brown and purple together...charcoal would work too...

I managed to buy only what I needed at the bead store (a first for me!) and wandered about some before meeting W back at his place. He's left to his own devices until he leaves Wednesday to join S in Japan for the next couple weeks so we went our for dinner and shot the shit over 3 pints of beer for him and 4 glasses of wine for me. If I'd known we were going to hang that long at The Roxton (their grilled chicken and brie sandwich is AWESOME by the way) I would have ordered a bottle of wine all to myself from the get-go. Oh well. Live and learn.

1 comment:

The Lone Beader® said...

I wish I had time to go shopping...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...