Monday, June 19, 2006

I now understand why people siesta....

It's been freakin' hot. So hot that I felt lethargic and needed a nap midday Saturday, which is pretty unheard of for me. I know, boo hoo, too bad, so sad. If it's not too hot it's too cold.

I spent a pretty unproductive Saturday afternoon. I couldn't even muster up the energy to work with my pretty beads. All I could do was sit in front of the TV and veg because it required the least amount of effort. And I waited until the last minute to get ready for dinner, only because Curtis was on again.

I picked up the birthday boy for our second dinner celebration, this time at Byzantium, where we indulged in some tasty martinis. We ended the night at Woody's, which was rather underwhelming, despite the Best Legs contest and the drag queen show. The birthday festivities were kept purposely low-key in preparation for this weekend's Pride parties.

Meanwhile, the renovation continues. I spent yesterday afternoon and this evening checking out light fixtures and faucets...I ended up applying for a Home Depot card that I will likely not use again, just so my mom could get a $15 gift. She continues to think up new things that she'd like done in the house; her most recent brainstorm was to add a pantry to the basement kitchen. I talked her out of that and she appears to be OK with my reasoning, but who knows what she'll come up with tomorrow? All I know now is that I probably best get some sleep. I'll need it to face whatever she comes up with next.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...