Saturday, December 26, 2009

Nine

I followed up the shopping with another movie, this time, Nine. It was a gorgeous film to watch and the performances were special considering that everyone did their own singing. Kate Hudson's vocal chops were rather unexpected and her Cinema Italiano number was my favourite, followed by Marion Cotillard's Take It All. There is no doubt that Daniel Day Lewis is a brilliant actor, but a singer he is not.



With Nine, I've watched 8 movies the last week - something of a record for me beginning with Julie & Julia and Public Enemies last Saturday; Miss Pettigrew Lives for A Day on Wednesday; Meet Me in St. Louis, Holiday Inn and White Christmas on Christmas Eve; and Sherlock Holmes yesterday. Depending on how the days unfold, I may be off the cinema again as I still want to see An Education, The Young Victoria and Up in the Air. We shall see...

2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

Wow, I don't think I've seen 8 movies all year!

phoenix said...

Haha! I don't normally either, but for some reason, I've been wanting to binge on movies. I just came back from renting 4 DVDs at Blockbuster. I guess I've just been in the movie mood lately. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...