Saturday, March 07, 2009

One Week



I spent the rainy afternoon in a theatre with wL watching One Week and thoroughly enjoyed this unabashedly Canadian road trip movie.

Joshua Jackson is Ben Tyler, a grade school English teacher who's been diagnosed with terminal cancer who's not ready to be a patient, so he buys a motorcycle on the way home from hearing the news and sets off across country for one last grand adventure.

If it's playing in a theatre near you, go see it. It inspired wL and I to plan our hypothetical trip from coast to coast...something I'd love to do one day. We decided that we'd fly east to St. John's Newfoundland and rent a car to drive west. The one rule is that we'd stick to the Trans Canada Highway and only deviate within 100km from it...one day...

2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

I would love to travel from coast to coast in an Airstream! That would be the way to go! But, those are price, so a car would have to do... I think that's something I want to do later in life...

Anonymous said...

That would be a fantastic trip to take! I don't know if I can get myself to watch "One Week".. I'll have to check if they have at Rainbow Cinemas for Two Toonie Tuesdays.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...