Thursday, March 19, 2009

I was wrong

I ordered this top from J. Crew a couple weekends ago and it arrived today at work via UPS after being re-directed from my home address because there obviously isn't anyone there to sign for it while I'm at work.

My first reaction when I pulled it out of the box was that it was too close in tone to my skin colour and the last thing I want is to wear something that makes me look washed out so I was all set to return it in exchange for a different colour. But I tried it when I got home and I've since changed my mind. The cut is super-flattering - the v-neck is just right and the gathered neckline and loose fit skims the body just-so so that on days when you feel bloated and ick, no one else will know. :)

All I need to make this colour good on me is a tan, and to that end, I've decided it's time to begin using my must-have moisturizer for the lead-up to summer - Jergen's Natural Glow. It has the same distinct smell as other self-tanners I've tried that I find mildly unpleasant, but I like that the price is reasonable and it works fairly quickly. I wonder if there will be a noticeable difference tomorrow....

2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

That is a cute top! I wonder if they sell it in the store.... That is one of the few places in the mall I occasionally go to look. I used to work there once, and got 50% off all my clothes!

phoenix said...

50% off?! Reminds me of my retailing days at Banana Republic! I so miss the discount and haven't been able to pay regular price there since.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...