Sunday, December 14, 2008

Busy Saturday

I went to Direct Interiors yesterday and bought my dining chairs! So, you know how I said I was going with Nuevo Living's Rudi Chair for my dining room? Well, in the last few days, I'd changed my mind a number of times and was most recently considering Calligaris' Ice Chair - look how gorgeous it is below in the way it catches the light:

Like diamonds, non? They're not super-duper comfortable though...so I went back to an earlier choice - Sunpan Imports' Vintage Linen Dining Chair. See:

Vintage Dining by phoenixc

I also bought Nuevo's version of Eames' Moulded Plastic Armchair for my study, and am awaiting pricing for the gorgeous Dahlia light, which I'm considering for my bedroom, if the price is right:


Here're some other things that caught my eye:


Chrome Bamboo Table by Drexel - so brilliant - like jewellery for the living room

A sparkly accent pillow that can only be purchased as part of the bed-in-a-bag set

A luxe blue, button-tufted ottoman paired with a nail-trimmed couch

And a zebra bench which I love love love

AL came along with me and bought a sofa and after 3 hours at Direct Interiors and a late lunch at Dirty Bird, aka, Swiss Chalet, we stopped at Rona where I picked up painting supplies. And because there was a Winners across the street, I, of course, could not resist and went in to browse and left with a lovely mirror with bevelled-edge detailing for my hall.

Pictures to come as soon as the walls are painted....Everything hinges on the painting of my walls now. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooo that ottoman looks so comfy. I can't wait to see everything put together with your newly painted walls. I really liked the shiny chairs but comfort is definitely key especially if you want your guests to linger a little longer. You'll have to do a visual tour for us when you're all done. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...