Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Ix-nay e-thay uxedo-tay

I went to visit my designer-friend after work tonight. The first order of business was to discuss my custom-made tuxedo-style suit. It’s been over 6 months since we first dreamed up this suit, and because the pants and the jacket weren’t ordered at the same time, fabric from different dye-lots was used. Unfortunately for me, of the fabric that remains, there is no match. Since the first rush of excitement had long faded, when presented with the opportunity for a credit, I took it.

My main intent tonight was to discuss the design of a white summer dress incorporating elements from a couple of my favourites. After chatting with her, I am now considering the possibility of a second dress. She reasoned that since she has to make the pattern anyway, I may as well maximize its use and get a second dress out of it.

The other possibility for using up what remains of my credit is to make a couple pairs of dress capris since most of the capris I have are too casual for work… so I go back this Friday afternoon to look at fabric samples. It’s a good thing this is my week for a ½ day Friday since I have a slew of errands to attend to, in addition to this latest appointment.

This weekend is shaping up to be a very busy one, with a couple of birthday dinners in a row and Father’s Day. I have to figure out how to best co-ordinate the logistics so I’m efficient in gas consumption as a drive back and forth across the city. The prospect of paying $70 for a tank of gas makes me almost regret getting a V6 engine when a V4 would have sufficed. But I do so enjoy how responsive my little coupe is when I need to accelerate quickly… :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...