Monday, August 08, 2011

Plus 10

Holy crap it's ridiculously humid here in Siem Reap.

We arrived in a propeller plane from Bangkok this afternoon to cloudy skies and by the time we cleared passport control and collected our bags it was pouring rain outside.

I checked the forecast for the next few days as we'll be touring Angkor Wat and the surrounding temples and the temps are in the low 30s but with 90+% humidity it feels 10 degrees hotter. I'm not sure I can handle it...I mean, it's so humid in our room that paper is soft. Like, for reals. And my skin! The humidity is making me breakout. Not. Cool. So glad I packed my mud mask!

There is a silver lining though - our hotel has happy hour between 5 and 7 so drinks that range from US$1.50 for Asian draught beer to US$3.55 for a cocktail are half price...needless to say, we indulged. Good times just chilling and taking advantage of free wifi. We actually had a skype chat with my cousin A. How wonderful is that? :)

Off now to catch up on a week's worth of gossip over at LaineyGossip before calling it a night!

Cheers!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...