My sister and I weren't particularly close growing up given the dynamics of being close in age with a widowed working mother who always told me I had to be the responsible one and take care of my younger siblings. To say that we butt heads a lot is an understatement.
I also didn't think that we had very much in common, but I'm coming to learn that we're not as different as I once thought. For one thing, we love the same procedural dramas on TV - and it's not like we ever really watched them together or recommended them to each other either. We discovered the shows independently and only discovered we had them in common afterwards.
Like Bones. And NCIS, and now NCIS: Los Angeles. And Castle! I was wondering what all these shows had in common besides the crime-solving angle, and it's the humour. All of these shows are funny. The characters and their chemistry make for a very enjoyable hour.
And since we're on the topic of TV, I figured I'd come clean and admit how much TV I watch. So aside from the 4 shows above, I also follow:
* Glee - can't wait for it to return next month!
* The Mentalist - got hooked watching old episodes on Air Canada
* Lie to Me - it's back in June!
* Fringe - I stopped watching it for a bit because I got scared but have come back to it
* FlashForward - I've had a think for Joe Fiennes since Shakespeare in Love
* Vampire Diaries - never read either series but this is way better than Twilight in my opinion
* The Good Wife - Julianna Margulies rocks...plus I had a crush on Josh Charles when he was in Threesome (Lara Flynn Boyle was so beautiful once upon a time)
* How I Met Your Mother - love NPH!
Wow. That's 12 shows! Of course, I also catch a few design shows on HGTV including Pure Design and the latest edition of Sarah's House which just debuted last week! Thank goodness for my PVR! It's worth every penny I spent on it for the time and freedom it's given back to me!
Anyway, here's the promo for the highly-anticipated 100th episode of Bones that brings us back to when Booth and Brennan first met. Can't wait!!!