Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I fell for Seb Lester's Home Sweet Home as soon as I saw it. I mean, how could I not? First of all, it's gorgeous typographic art and second, it's got chamelon-esque stunning colours.

The limited edition run of 100 was screen printed by hand on Mirri paper which changes colour depending on what angle you're viewing it from, and makes me a bit nostalgic for my sticker-collecting days, when Sandylion hologram stickers were as prized as the fuzzy ones.

There was no sense of urgency when the print was introduced but then I was lured onto Keep Calm Gallery's site by an email today, and the fact that there were only 14 left spurred me into action. I had to put my order in before it was too late. So I sucked it up and placed the order for what will be the most I've spent on a work of art yet....which, considering the vast world of art out there, is relatively affordable. At the end of the day, it comes down to what you value, right? And I do so love this print and can't wait for it to arrive.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...