Saturday, February 27, 2010

▌♥ ▌ GO CANADA GO ▌♥ ▌

I haven't blogged at all about the Olympics since they started and there are several reasons for that. Work's been crazy busy as I get ready to square things off before I leave for a week's vacation in Vancouver this Tuesday to visit my sister and Piglet. Because of that, I've been working the nights and through the weekend when I'm not watching the Olympics and training. And then there's the challenge of articulating this unfamiliar patriotic pride and enthusiasm that really only comes around every two years when the Olympics are on.

We Canadians aren't typically rah-rah like our neighbours to the south so it's pretty damn awesome to see the outpourings of Canadian pride. And to have the games in Vancouver? Wow. That just magnifies the awesomeness. (See? Not very articulate.) I love the sea of red and white in all the crowds - HBC really hit the jackpot with their Olympic clothing line. And to see the Maple Leaf raised and to hear an entire arena sing O Canada? It brings sappy, happy tears to my eyes and gives me the chills. Chills, I say.

We're sitting at 21 medals right now - 10 of them gold which is a record! Two more are assured with our men's hockey and curling teams battling for gold. The climax of course comes Sunday though with the men's gold medal hockey game. It's a re-match of the border war that was fought last Sunday in which Team USA came out on top.

Now, I'm the farthest thing from a hockey fan. I only care about the sport for 2 weeks every 4 years. Our ladies kicked ass last night and now it's time for the guys to close the deal. Make it happen guys!

▌♥ ▌ GOLD CANADA GOLD ▌♥ ▌

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...